12/24/2007

A Very Polish Christmas

Ok, so I have some fairly random-ish Christmas pictures to share with everyone. Mike and I went to Michigan last weekend to spend Christmas with his family. Saturday we went over to Aunty Bren's and did the family "secret Santa" exchange, visited and generally pigged out. The gnocchi was excellent, by the way.

First up, the Siemienski girls. Mike's Aunty Bren and his mom, Sandy. Wearing matching aprons that they didn't purchase together. Sometimes it's genetics, I guess. ;)


Big Boy JO-ey...or as we were calling him...Joey Claus. I promised him that he'd make the blog if he let me take his picture.


As you can see - a few too many margaritas made the rounds at the family Christmas party. Mike and his brother-in-law, Scott.


Mike's cousin Kristie brought some pottery that she'd made in a class she'd taken and gave us each our pick to take home. I chose this loverly vase - in the hopes that it would inspire Mike to fill it with flowers. I've since decided I'd probably better just go to WalMart and buy some fake flowers. :D


Mike's sister Kelly enjoying the dip.


Scott, Kelly and Big Boy JO-ey wrestling on the couch.


Joey in the massager chair. This really amused me because when he's so small that when he'd put it on the shoulder massage setting, you could see it moving on either side of his head.

Cookie bounty. Yummo...

*drool*


This is my favorite kind of cookies...and I took a picture of these because Mike's cousin Andrea's husband, Bob (did you get all that?)...made these "bad boys" all by himself at the family cookie bake a couple weekends ago. Delish, Bob...you're welcome to come to our house and make cookies any time!


Big Boy JO-ey getting a little face time with Aunty Laurie.


Kelly got this framed picture of her recently departed cat, Louis, for Christmas. It made us all a little teary eyed.

Bailey, the Christmas pug. (Not sure why I have Bailey and not Pablo...I'll have to check the pictures again as I'm sure I took a picture of him.)


Mike tells Joey Claus what he wants for Christmas.


I got this set of Japanese cat plates with matching bowls for Christmas...among other things. I'm not sure why I have a picture of this and none of my other loot. I'll have to take an overall pictoral inventory later.


Mike got ice skates! YaY! Here he is in his hockey enforcer pose while trying them on...


...and here he is preparing to shoot an imaginary goal. Awesome. I was thrilled when he did this for me as I can't usually get him to do any goofy poses for the camera.

I got a pair of figure skates on the way home and we have already got them sharpened! We're going to be spending our Christmas Day ice skating at Millenium Park! Hope everyone has as much fun on Christmas as we plan to!

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

SaNdY said...

Ya can't beat a Polish Christmas, complete with pierogis AND gnocchi!! I'm so glad that both of you now have your very own skates!! Hope you had a fun time skating! LOVE all the photos!! Great job!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

YAY!!!! Skates--I look forward to lots of skating tales this winter!
Sounds like Polish Christmas is just like our German-Irish one! Food may be a little different but the love is the same......

Unknown said...

So, where's the picture of us sharing the Oplatek?

Laurie said...

Looks like you had a fun-filled weekend with all your favorite Polaks! but hey, where's a picture of Mike and ALL his mashers?????