12/30/2007

Tactless

So tonight as we're waiting for our table at dinner, I look over at Amy. She'd taken off her hat and was straightening her hair. Before I even thought about it and could stop myself, I said, "Oh, my gosh, Amy - is that a gray hair?" Luckily it was Amy and she thought I was hilarious. For the record, Amy only has a very few gray hairs on one temple. Normally I don't necessarily blurt out something like that, but I was just flabbergasted at seeing gray hair on someone who was only a year ahead of me in high school.

I have, however, apparently been checking Mike frequently for gray hairs and pointing them out when I think I see them. (I haven't really seen any yet, though). Mike looked over at me and said, "I can't wait until you get a gray hair. I'm going to do that to you every day."

I can definitely wait though.

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

y-i-k-e-s! I have been finding gray hairs for about 2 years now! The last 6 months they have really come on like a hurricane. It doesn't help that I have gone darker with my hair either. I keep telling my husband I need highlights to cover my new-found grays. He thinks not. I guess the Bible says that gray hair is a sign of wisdom..oh how smart I am!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

grey hairs are like medals of honor--you earn them!! be proud that you have them. it's better than the alternative---baldness!