12/12/2007

A Touch of Nostalgia

My Aunt Linda posted a Calvin & Hobbes cartoon today, which made me think about how much I loved Calvin and Hobbes. Usually it's because Calvin and my nephew Caleb always remind me a lot of each other. I pulled up some old cartoons and was flipping through them when I came across this one. It reminded me of an old story about Matty and since we're coming up on what would've been his 27th birthday, I thought it was appropriate to post.

In about the third grade, Matt had to write his autobiography for class. He worked very hard on it and was very proud of his results. I'm sure it was brilliant on an eight-year-old scale, but it was the title of his autobiography that brought so much mirth into our lives that year. He called it, "Matt Harris, My Life So Far: It Ain't Been No Paradise." I still can't think about that without chuckling.

3 comments:

SaNdY said...

I think Matt was wise beyond his eight years!! That title is hilarious!

Charlie said...

You and Me too!

Mike said...

That is pretty funny. Hopefully it wasn't for English class, cuz "ain't" ain't a word!