12/30/2007

No Hockey Night

We tried to take Amy to a Blackhawks game tonight, but when we arrived at United Center, the game was sold out! I was shocked. The 'hawks never sell out! I guess it just must be combination of an influx of tourists visiting the city and the fact that it's New Year's Eve tomorrow and a lot of people have the day off.

This is Amy and Mike. They're supposed to be making pouting faces about not being able to go to the game. Mike did really well, but Amy started to laugh before I got the picture taken - so it actually amuses me even more, because now Mike looks like he's being goofy for no reason.

Since we couldn't go to the game, we decided to go have a nice dinner instead. We hit my favorite, favorite restaurant in Chicago - Carson's.


We found out when we got there that we'd have about a 45 minute wait, so we stopped across the street at O'Leary's Pub for a pint.

As always, the superb food was worth any wait and we had a really good dinner.

Mike's take on dinner? "Well, there goes that five pounds I lost."

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love BBQ!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

A rose between two thorns?
A thorn between two roses?
He was definitely getting the best of the situation--BBQ!