12/08/2007

The South Korea Tree

So...today my in-laws and Mike and I went to the Museum of Science and Industry here in Chicago. I had completely forgotten that every year at this time, they put up a "Christmas trees from around the world" exhibit. I was looking around and I said, "Mike - we should get a picture of the China tree for (my cousin) Sara and her Mya Papaya." (FYI, they are not going to name this baby Mya Papaya...but it's fun to say...so I say it.) That got me thinking about a e-friend of Sara's whose blog I also read. I am known to venture here and yon on Sara's (and my Aunt Linda's) link list - but there are only a few that I read every day. One of them is The Byrd's Nest. They have two of the cutest baby girls ever and I visit them to help get my daily dose of cuteness. Their Lottie is from China (like Mya Papaya) - but their Emma is from South Korea...so when I saw the South Korea tree, I had to take a couple of pictures to post.

Here is Mike in front of the South Korea tree. I am of the opinion that everything looks better with Mike.

On the off chance you want to see the tree without Mike in it...I question your taste, but here it is!
A close up shot of one of the little bags on the tree.

The closest equivalent to "Merry Christmas" in Korean.

A close up of these really pretty flowers they have strung all along the tree.

The flag in the middle of the tree.

Beautiful!

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a beautiful tree! Sooo......did you get pictures of the China tree too? I am glad you are having FUN with family. Wish I was there! We have got to talk soon about Colorado! Email me..and by the way, love your new profile picture...you hottie:=)