12/07/2007

Exhaustion

It's been a long day and we're all recovering. Some of us are more tired than others of us - as you can see.

The last two days, I've spent a majority of my time in my office at work. It's finals week at the university for which I teach - and while that means I don't have to prepare a lecture, it does mean that I have to finish grading all that stuff I put off - and I have to deal with the frantic last minute calls from slackers wanting to know if I'm going to fail them. Those are fun conversations.

Cindi (on the phone): "Thomas...your attendance is 37%, how can I pass you?...uh huh...you had Ebola Virus? Do you have a doctor's note?...No?...uh huh...waited it out at home, huh?"

Add on top of that the fact that next week is finals week in my Civil Litigation and Immigration Law classes - and that final projects were due today - and you have long hours and late nights.

But it's done! All I have left is to take my final exams next week - then I have a month off before I start teaching again in January. A month in which my main chore will be to find a "real" job - as I will be graduating from Loyola. YaY!

2 comments:

Jake and Taryn said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on our blog! I love the picture of your cat...that is too cute! :)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

We wish you the best on finals. We want you to graduate and get your dream job......