12/10/2007

Prints

Isn't it funny the things that we randomly remember? Tonight Mike and I did laundry. We'd put it off for so long that we just wanted to get it all done as quickly as possible and we didn't want to use the washer/dryer here in the building and have to keep checking on the clothes and loading and unloading etc. So we took it all the the laundromat and loaded a bunch of washers all at the same time - so a million clothes only took us about an hour!

My mom worked as a cardiac care nurse for over 20 years. A couple of years before she died, she transferred to the day surgery department. As a result, she got to change uniforms. Instead of blue jackets with white slacks, she'd be wearing blue surgery scrub tops and pants. Anyway, I was folding my underwear today when I suddenly thought about how excited she was to switch departments so that she could finally wear print panties to work.

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

my Mom hasn't worn print panties for YEARS (Did she EVER?) Your Mom really wore print panties..that's so sexy. I don't even have print panties....wait, I gotta go...JC Pennies is having a sale; maybe I can surprise my husband tonight?? I feel so lame......

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I don't recall ever wearing print panties but I did venture to color for a time until the ob-gyb said the best is white cotton and that's where I've been since.
I love when you relate your Mom stories to us. She made me smile!