12/29/2007

A Little Time Off

Ok - I know, I know. I haven't posted in a couple of days. In my defense, I've had company. On Thursday, I got a call in the early afternoon from my friend, Amy.

I've known Amy since I was about seven, although we've only seen each other once or twice in the last couple of years. She and I have both moved away from our home town, although both of us have parents and families who still live there. We just never seem to be home at the same time. Anyway, she had called a few weeks ago about the possibility of visiting us after Christmas. She promised to call when she knew more.

She called Thursday night and was about halfway to our house. I was like, "Oh...uh...great!" And it was fine. We weren't expecting her that day, but were happy to have her. It was so quintessentially Amy to forget to call and tell us what day she was coming (until she was already halfway here). I should have expected it. It was actually kind of nice - you know...how some things never change, no matter how much time passes. :D

So we've been busy the last couple of nights running around the city and trying to show Amy the best parts of Chi-town.

In other news, Mike weighed himself yesterday and he has lost five pounds! YaY, Mike!


He celebrated with a slice of cake. Nice. :D

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

I KNOW her!! GOsh, it has been years since I have seen Amy. I almost thought she was Angi at first......a little slip, I guess! Her hair is cute short...I maybe saw her a few years back at Caseys....how is she doing?!?! I can't believe you still know/talk to peeps from MP..I had no idea!!

SaNdY said...

Nice of your friend coming to visit you! And Mike LOST 5 pounds...over the holidays?? Wow! He deserved that piece of cake! Cute picture of him with his cake and glass of milk...he sure does love his cake! :D

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I remember--no pie-likes cake....way to go, Mike!