12/07/2007

Taco Tuesday...Err...Thursday

Well, taco Tuesday got put off this week. We ended up having our homemade pizzas for dinner that night - and then taco Wednesday got put off on account of hockey! (Woo!) So Taco Thursday it became! And tonight, I fixed the bounty.

Yummo!

Mikey likes it!


Yeah, I know - making tacos isn't exactly brain surgery...but piękna miska jeść nie daje. (A beautifully decorated plate will feed no one.)

You guessed it - I've been looking up Polish proverbs. Which is funny, as I'm not even the Polish half of this family. Here's my favorite one, though. (In order to understand why, you have to realize that Mike is closely related to some Piekarskis.) So here is my (to date) favorite Polish proverb:

Bredzi jak Piekarski na mękach.

So what does it mean? The website says that the literal translation is "He talks gibberish like tortured Piekarski." And it means that someone is lying.

4 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

It's not mandatory to get the days 100% spot on. It's to make your grocery list and save yourself money and time. You just have to use the meals within the week. I try but I do make substitutions.

Football and Fried Rice said...

you guys eat so good, I'm not sure I will be able to feed you..I should start looking now for great restaurants to turn you on to....

SaNdY said...

Hey! Those are some good looking tacos!! I can guarantee that if they were fed to a random Piekarski, he/she would not be talking gibberish!! LOVE that quote!!! :D

Unknown said...

The Piekarski proverb was way too funny! You left me speechless! I'm still not quite sure what it means, but it is really funny! Thanks for thinking of us!!
Love, Mrs. Piekarski