12/21/2007

Que Dulce!

One of the few sometimes-drawbacks to our new digs is that we're on the third floor. Usually it doesn't bother either of us. Good exercise. But it is a pain when we've bought something large or are going on a trip.

Last night we found a nice, big box to put all of our Christmas gifts in, packed our bags and a few other things. Suffice to say, there was a ton of stuff to be carried down to the car this morning. (Mike took everything in the morning and I'm going to ride the CTA to the South side and meet him when he gets off of work). Last night I told Mike to wake me and I'd help him carry everything down.

This morning he woke me up to let me know he was leaving for work and after a second, I started to throw my legs over the side and said, "I'll be dressed and ready to carry that stuff down in a second."

Mike: Oh, don't worry. I carried it all down already and then came back up to say good-bye.
Cindi: You should have got me up! I would have helped!
Mike: I know, but I didn't want you to have to go out in the cold.

Almost twelve years we've been together and he's still so thoughtful and sweet. I think I'll keep him. :D

2 comments:

SaNdY said...

Awwwww!! =]

Football and Fried Rice said...

That is pretty sweet! I am the queen - "I'll help you" and I am really thankful when it is already done:)