12/09/2007

Bringing Home the Bacon

This afternoon, Mike was in a very irritable mood. This is quite unusual for the Mikester. Usually it is I who am a Krabby Patty and Mike who is facing the brunt of my wrath. Mike was cooking us a late breakfast while in his crabby mood. Mike in a mood is almost amusing, simply because he does it so rarely that when he does, you think, "Oh...he's huffy. How cute." Although it always gets annoying after awhile because he gripes about everything. I know, I know - I'm one to talk about complaining. Sometimes people think I minored in it in college. :D Anyway, he's cooking and everything's wrong. The sausages don't cook right, my books are on the table, I put away the hot pan holders and he had to walk all the way across the dining room to get them! Then, he told me that breakfast was ready. I was in the midst of finalizing an amazon order which will (basically) finish out our Christmas shopping for the year, so I didn't immediately come to the dinner table. Finally he gets mad and sticks his head out of the kitchen to squawk at me. "Hurry up!" He growls, "This foods ready and it'll get cold. Then you'll refuse to eat it and it'll be a big, damn waste of my time." He is scowling as he says this.

At the time, I let it go - but I've thought about it...and I take issue with this! He has never seen me...in fact, no one on this planet...has ever seen me turn down properly cooked bacon simply because it was cold! Mike needs to get his facts straight! :D

3 comments:

SaNdY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Football and Fried Rice said...

I love cold bacon..almost better than when it IS hot......

SaNdY said...

Hmmmm....I'm wondering what made Mike so irritable....and I'm jealous that your Christmas shopping is complete...:D