12/06/2007

Thankful Thursday

Little Vitka

Today I am grateful for my friends. Especially Vitka. She works two jobs and does acting stuff on top of all that - and yet she finds time for her friends! I got this in my e-mail today.

"The other day at the museum I saw someone with an Ask Me sign and I remembered you saying to me, laughing, 'I got an Aks me sign!'"

By the way, I am also thankful that I no longer have to walk around the museum with an "Ask Me" sign - even if it was only for special nights. I hated walking around with the Ask Me sign...people come up to you and ask you asinine questions (like "What's the circumference of the Earth?" or "Where's Waldo?") and then laugh like they're soooooooo clever. Worse was that I had to stand there and smile at them like I didn't want to bury an ice pick in their brain.

The only thing worse than working the Ask Me sign is working coat check. Coat check is a whole separate circle of Hell. But I digress.

I am thankful for Vitka because she sends me emails like that one to let me know that she's been thinking about me and it always makes me feel very love-ed.

2 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Hey, my Sara was a coat check girl at the Iris and she made some pretty good money doing it. It doesn't require much tho, does it?
Oh well, everybody has to start somewhere and where would we be w/o our past experiences to shape us?

Sassy said...

I think it would have been better if I'd made money at it, but as a non-profit institution, we weren't allowed to accept tips. If people were insistent then we had to tell them to donate it to the museum. Bleh.