12/01/2007

Tree, Interrupted

Long story short - our tree still isn't completely done.

Mike and Furio put it together on Thursday.

And then I put the tinsel on and Mike was going to help with the lights and ornaments.

Meme helped with that part.

Then we found out that our lights from last year didn't work. Joy. We messed around with them and couldn't get them to light up - so Mike had to go to the store and get us some more lights. He was not happy. In fact, I think it was safe to say he was the polar opposite of happy. Having to stop in the middle of the project sorta killed our momentum. After Mike got back, our friend Sergio called and invited us over to the bar his family owns to watch some sort of sporting event - I forget which one now. I didn't feel like going, but told Mike to go as I could get the lights put up myself. And I did!

I even got a few of the ornaments put on. The really important ones. Like the one that the funeral home put on their Christmas tree last year in memory of my mother.

And the ornament that my dad bought us to celebrate our first married Christmas - my mom didn't live long enough to buy it for us, so he did. So it's special to us.

And I got a few others put on. Then I got bored doing it by myself and decided to wait for Mike before I put the rest on - and we still haven't done it! My goal for tonight is to finish it up. I sent Mike off to watch tonight's hockey game with Sergio and have spent the last half an hour staring at the boxed ornaments...willing them to put themselves on the tree. No luck so far.

4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

It is so beautiful!!

Oodooshoo said...

Love it! You guys look so cute! :-)

-Vitka

SaNdY said...

Good job!! Looks great!! It took me a week to put ornaments on our tree after I got the tree and lights up....it's definitely a process....

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I'm not sure who looks best in garland-you, Meme or the tree! LOL
We are done with the paegan rituals and decorations. Sara has taken all the ornaments to Colorado and I know they are safe there. Your tree will be beautiful.