11/22/2007

Vacation Request

We're still waiting to hear back from Mike's first official vacation request.

It's been a year since we've had any vacation time to take! A long, long year without any chance to get away for awhile - other than the occasional 3 day weekend spent in Michigan with Mike's fam.

Mike asked for a few days off in a variety of months, but the first (and most important) will be in January! Mike and I discussed it and Mike stressed that he wanted to take a few days right away the first of the year before I start whichever full-time job I'll get after I graduate from Loyola next month. I agreed that a vacation would be nice and we set about finding a place to go. We thought about Milwaukee...but it's only an hour and a half away and is an ideal destination for a shorter weekend getaway later in the year. We thought about Niagara Falls - in fact we thought about just about every destination that Amtrak travels to. But train travel is so expensive! No wonder nobody rides the train anymore! It's cheaper to fly!

We considered Tennessee, but realized a) we'll be seeing Rachael and Aaron this month (YaY!) and b)we'll be down there in May for Rachael and Aaron's graduation. So we decided to go somewhere that we hadn't been before. I had about decided on St. Louis (I've been but Mike never has) - it's within driving distance, it's nice - lots of attractions, and I know a couple of people there. Then Mike said something that changed the course of our vacation.

Mike: Hey. Don't we have an invitation to visit Colorado?

Cindi: Uh...yeah.

So guess who we're going to be visiting!

Their mom has promised that they'll show us a good time.

The vacation is scheduled for Jan. 15 - Jan. 21. I'm interviewing kitty-sitters. If anybody is going to be in Chicago during this time, let me know...perhaps we can work out a trade. Use of one people-less, furnished two bedroom apartment on Chicago's beautiful north side in exchange for feeding my fat boy and baby girl.
Kristie? Laurie? Bob and Andrea? C'mon...you know you want to. :D
Think it ov-ah!

5 comments:

Oodooshoo said...

Oh! Can I come too??! You know, I'm totally your kid ... who you've both adopted...who is older than you both...All I need is a car seat!

Vitka

SaNdY said...

Oh, I am so happy for you guys!! You will get to see Colorado, plus Sara and her family, too! Good luck with finding a kitty-sitter!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Have a great time! She is an awesome hostess and the scenery is fabulous. I love it there....

Football and Fried Rice said...

soooo.....these would be the dates to break into your place, eh?

Sassy said...

Exactly! But anyone breaking in should know a> that there'll be a housesitter and two killer cats and b>we don't have anything worth stealing. :D