11/19/2007

Spotlight on Vitka!

My darling friend Vitka has a blog that she calls The Perfect Mix Tape.
I adore it, and her, unconditionally. This week she posted a "stupid stuff you don't know about me" list, so I'm going to steal it, post it here and give my own little commentary on it. And maybe, if I remember, later I'll post my own "stupid stuff you don't know about me" list.

(Vitka is in purple - my comments will be in another color)

Hello there. In case you didn't know:

-My favorite food is Italian, though Indian is a close second.

...My favorite food is blue cheese and I'm not even sure I can come up with anything that I love as much.


-I auditioned for Julliard when I was sixteen and failed miserably. (Michael Langham even got up and walked around during my monologue.)

...I never auditioned for Julliard - but I did write a really awful play in college and was basically told by the drama instructor to never write again. Ever. :D


-My favorite people are Carolina, Laura, Vi and Ben, Eric, Marlon, Laury, Kim, Julie and Julie, Dana, Cinda, Mike & MARK! et al. In that order and not in that order.

...I made the list! My favorite people are (my dad, of course), Mike, Sarah jane, Sara, Sergio, Vitka, Leigh, the MI Kurczewskis, the Potters, the Parkers, the Piekarskis (all of them) + Kristie, the Susallas + one Handsome Alex, MuShu, Abby, Rachael, Aaron, Minerva P. Evans, Lyric, Julie, Kimmy, Nick, Matthew and Greg.


-I wish I could speak Chinese
...Hrm...for me it's Polish.


-When I was seventeen, playwright John "Six Degrees of Separation" Guare named a character in his play "Moon Over Miami" after me.
...As far as I know, no one has ever named anything after me, although when we were first dating, Mike wrote me some spectacularly bad poetry.


-My Spanish SUCKS.
...Mine, too.


-I changed my name but it's still taking time to TAKE.
...I have never changed my name but I did go through a period where I went by "Lu" at work. One of my work friends called for me and Mike told her that she had the wrong number, not realizing that "Lu" was short for Lucinda.


-I'm glad you read this silly blog. haha!
...Me too! I am grateful to everyone who reads and especially to those who comment. :D

5 comments:

Charlie said...

You said your Spanish really sucks?
is that why you used to call Furio "Pito"? Still laughing about that!

SaNdY said...

YaY!! Me and the old man made your favorite people list! Yay!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Cute!!I have a list of abstract facts but have yet to post them (are they to weird? I keep asking myself?)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

My Spanish sucks also. I never knew about your play but I have written many bad things! I don't usually allow anyone else to read them.....

Sassy said...

I don't usually allow people to read what I write either...with the obvious exception of my blog. But that play was an assignment for a class - so I had no choice. :D