11/13/2007

Mikey Homemaker

Yesterday was Veteran's Day and Mike, working for the City, didn't have to go into work. I was sick and in addition to taking care of me - he cleaned the stove, did the dishes, cleaned the bathroom, mopped the bathroom floor and rearranged everything in the medicine cabinet. Then, in the evening, he turned to me and said, "I think I'm going to bake a cake."

And he did! He mixed it.

He poured it and he baked it.


Here it is before he iced it.


And here he is with his finished product. Look how proud he is! Isn't he cute? Quite an accomplishment!


And it's delish!


Especially with a glass of milk drunk from a Fiona glass. ;)

5 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

He is so domestic - and Fiona? Yowza!

Kelly said...

did he 'mark it with a 'b'?

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I am looking for a Fiona glass to complete a set!
the cake looks yummy! does he do windows?

Unknown said...

Ok, now I know what he's bringin to the next family dinner - no excuses, just cake, yum!!

SaNdY said...

Awww, Mikey looks so cute eating his cake...but... I was always his number 1 cake baker....hope he doesn't start comparing his cake to mine....