11/27/2007

Old Pictures, Part One

The last time my dad came up to Chicago to visit, he brought a little tupperware bowl full of old pictures and I decided to post a few of my favorites. They're completely in random order and leapfrog from decade to decade, so I'll try and explain them as I go along.

Who is this cutie in a box?

Why it's me! Aren't I cute? I'm about three here, I think. I deduced that from the fact that my parents have obviously just purchased a car seat and Matt was born in 1980 - making me three.

The back of this picture indicates that it was taken Christmas, 1979. My dad sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating too...just thought I'd share that.

My cousin, Sara and I as Miss Sweet Sixteens at Midwest Old Thresher's, 1993.

Matt, mid-1980's. I have no idea how old he is here. From Jeff's moped in the background, I'd say he's four or five.

This little scutter is my now 16 year old nephew, Caleb with his mom, Tracy. Man, he was cute. Still is, I guess.

I really like this picture even though you can't see our faces. It's Jeff, Dad and I going on a bike ride. In this picture, my dad was just a year or two older than I am right now.

Here's a picture of my Granny, who I also miss a lot. She's been gone nine years now. Look how much my dad has aged in this picture from the one above...I blame Matt (toddling in front of Granny) and Jeff. :D

Speaking of Jeff...nice pants! Ha!

I also really love all of these old pictures of Jeff. Not only because he was a doll (he was), but because my mom was so young and beautiful in all these pictures.

6 comments:

Mike said...

I finally post and it's already half way down the page!

redmaryjanes said...

I love old pictures. It always makes me smile to remember the crazy styles we wore and the music we listened to. My inchworm ride on toy. Did you have an inchworm?

Sassy said...

I don't think I ever had an inchworm...but the older I get, the more convinced I am that I was toy deprived as a child! I never had a Lite Brite either! Didn't every kid have a Lite Brite? All except me apparently. :D

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I NEVER HAD A LITE BRITE BUT I DO HAVE GREAT MEMORIES AND SOME OF THEM INCLUDE YOU AND MIKE. YOUR DAD WAS GREAT AT OUR GET-TOGETHER. MALLORY HAD SUCH FUN PLAYING GAMES WITH HIM. I LOVE THE OLD PHOTOS. WAY TO GO CHARLIE!

Charlie said...

We did have a Lite Bright around here ( Maybe Jeff's ) but what I remember Was it seemed a lot of hasstle to make anything look good with it. AND cleaning up the little "inserts" that inevitably got scattered ALL OVER the house! It might have gotten "pitched" before you remember it!

Football and Fried Rice said...

HA! The Lite Brite was "pitched" before YOU came along..I know that feeling, having been last born (lol)!!