11/27/2007

A Resolution

First, I have to say that I must learn to appreciate my husband more often. Today was my follow up appointment with the dermatologist and it had become obvious that he was going to have to re-treat at least one of my fingers.

I was a little anxious because the month that has passed did little to diminished the memory of how much it freaking hurt! This morning when Mike woke me up, he was very sympathetic about my appointment. He reset the alarm so that it would go off an hour later and came around to my side of the bed. He kept talking to me to reassure me and rubbing my back. Talk, talk, talk, talk...and I'm thinking, "Look, I only have an hour before I have to get up - can you go to work now?"

But, later I was thinking...if my mom's death has taught me anything - it is how much you miss those little, annoying things that people you love do. So I made an early New Year's resolution. I am going to be more patient. I can hear my dad laughing already. Then this crazy guy on the subway kept staring at me and trying to talk me into going home with him - and I qualified it. I'm going to be more patient with Mike. The rest of you whack jobs are still fair game. :D

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

THAT SPAGHETTI LOOKS GREAT! PATIENCE IS AN AQUIRED ART. YOU WILL GAIN IT IF YOU REALLY DESIRE IT.....

Sassy said...

That's Sandy spaghetti - and I have yet to see her make a meal that didn't look great. :D Must be all that Paula Dean she watches on tv.

Football and Fried Rice said...

We seem to "take it out" on those who love us the most (and we KNOW will forgive us) shameful, really!