11/16/2007

A Nightmare

John Henry Fuseli - The Nightmare

I had a bad dream last night. In it, I suddenly got a phone call from my mom. She wasn't really dead, she was in Tennessee. Now I realize from the start that this dream doesn't really sound much like a nightmare. Mom's alive...happy day, right? I guess - except that she had faked her death and moved to Tennessee to get away from us, she couldn't take living with us anymore. But now she was considering moving back to Fort Madison, but she was going to be divorcing my dad. I kept saying, "I'm 30 - that's too old for my parents to divorce!" And I was so angry with her for faking her death and really, really hurt that she'd done it to get away from us. It's a few hours later and it's still bothering me. Yuck.

4 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Cindi, it was a dream. Your mother, my friend, would never, ever do that. She loved all you kids far too much for that. She never complained about Jeff, much less you. She would love to still be here. Even if she was super mad at your Dad, she would never give him a divorce. She left with far too many projects for him to get done! Save your anger for a justifyable(sp.) cause. You should be wondering what you ate or what happened to make you have such a bad dream.... black cat cross your path---eat some tainted Doritos--some student poke a pin in a voodoo doll? See a really crappy Lifetime movie? I know it had nothing to do with your Mom....

Kelly said...

ugh. i hate nightmares..

but REALLY weird thing. in my art history class yesterday that was the painting i talked to my students about!!! this is the 2nd time something weird like that has happened...last time i was talking about the sistine chapel and i came home to a postcard of it from kristie! hmmm.

Football and Fried Rice said...

oh, Cindi - I am so sorry that you had that dream. I have had dreams before that haunted me - though I don't really believe in the whole "find out what your dream means" stuff. Obviously she has been on your heart....where she will always be.

SaNdY said...

Agree with Linda and Sara...I know that it is difficult to have a dream that leaves you with a bad feeling, specially when it was about your mom...