11/25/2007

Another Mike Meal For You To Drool Over

I have married a chef of Tom Colicchio-ish proportions. Today Mike and I cleaned the house in preparation of putting up our Christmas tree (which should happen tomorrow). After we'd finished and were relaxing on the couch, Mike informed me that he was going to start dinner. Now, I love to hear this...it means I'm off the hook for the night.

Tonight Mike has decided to make cornish game hen and real mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes from potatoes...rather than potato flakes. I left him to it, only checking on him when a lot of time went by without hearing anything out of the kitchen. I stopped in to make sure he didn't need any help...and he didn't.

Shortly after, he stuck his head out of the kitchen and told me that I could take pictures of his meal if I wanted to. I smiled to myself as I realized that this is what I get for snapping random pictures of him all the time - now he expects it. But I couldn't disappoint him, could I? :D

Real Mashed 'taters and gravy.

Mike carves up the cornish game hen.

Presentation is everything!

The Top Chef enjoys his gravy coated bounty.

I came back out to the kitchen after dinner and was greeted by this sight! Note to self: Wash the table before we eat dinner tomorrow.

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Yummo! Looks good enough to eat-duh! I love cornish hens but you split one? We always have one each!

SaNdY said...

Looks like you guys had a mini-Thanksgiving dinner with the Cornish game hen! And yeah, we usually make one per eater at our place, too, like Linda does...is Mike pacing himself for the trip to Fogo already?? :D

Laurie said...

Hey mikey-o, your plate looks scrumptious! And it looks almost like plate, but I mix things together a little more than you (which everyone else thinks is weird, but its all I know!)