1/08/2008

Trip Tic




We got brochures from Colorado today! YaY! Thanks, Sara. It was hard, but I waited to open it until Mike and I were home together. He asked me what I'd gotten from Sara and I told him that it was for him. He pulled it out and was like, "Oooooooh, yeaaaaaaaah." Here's Mike making his first elimination from the full stack of brochures.


Eventually (in an hour or so) he had it paired down into three piles. One pile of things that were out of season and better suited for another trip. One pile of his first choice things to do and a pile of things that weren't a priority. Then he pulled out the guidebook to cross reference everything. He got out green sticky notes to make sure he had everything marked that he wanted to do.

And yes, he even brought out the legal pad and marked it off into days and made a list of things that would be appropriate to do on which days - which, he says, he'll adjust when he knows how willing the McC's are to be tour guides and what days Sara's hubby will be off of work to maybe be available for manly bonding things. He told me today that he's practicing his "man hug" for when we get there. (Three guys in the house.) I was like, "Please don't hug anybody the first day - I don't know their stance on hugging." He just giggled.


Mike was especially tickled by this entry in the Colorado guidebook which says that "your Denver cousin is almost obligated to take you here" - because we're actually going to visit my cousins. I have two words for Mike. Easily. Amused.

Ahhhh...vacation. The closer it gets, the more I look forward to it. Which is saying something, because I've been really excited about it for several weeks now!

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love Clark - ya gotta love his answer to "Why aren't we flying?" By the way...you must know we are like Cousin Eddie. A lot.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Bill definitely does the man hug thing. And the boys will, too. They're gonna think it's great to have a male guest.
I did the same thing with the brochures. You have to be flexible. Sara will know about how long it takes to get here and there and where the good trails are and the best food. Trust her. She has good atste and good sense and great driving skills. YOU WILL HAVE ALOT OF FUN!!!!!!