1/20/2008

Colorado - Day Four

Today was totally low-key for us. We had talked about driving to New Mexico, but decided that we'd rather stick close to home. We slept in a little bit. I woke up and found that I was ahead of everybody except Cole, who was sitting on the floor at the top of the stairs. He was waiting for Mike to get up and play hockey with him.

It wasn't long before everybody was up. (Thanks, Peyton!) :D We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and the boys went outside to play hockey on the newly snow blown driveway. Sara and I decided to go out and do a few girly things. I got a hair cut - too cute!

And we stopped at Hobby Lobby. I talked Sara into letting me teach her to knit...


and, of course, she's a natural. She can knit like a pro and she can bind off.

Tomorrow I'll be teaching her how to cast on her stitches before Mike and I head for the airport in the evening.

After dinner, the first annual Western Division Dicey Tournament took place. Cole won - eeking out a victory at the last minute. Fun, fun, fun!!

Mike and I are mostly packed up with our clothes for tomorrow lain out, so that there will be no mad rush to throw everything in the suitcases tomorrow. Neither of us is quite ready to head back to Chicago and "the real world." We'd like to hang out here for a few more weeks.

But, alas, all good things come to an end and tomorrow we'll be winging our way back to the Windy City and the kitties who probably miss us. I'll be happy to see them...but I'll be counting down the days to our next vacation!

8 comments:

SaNdY said...

Awwww, how sweet that Cole was waiting for Mike to get up so they could play hockey together! I'm so glad to hear that our dicey game is moving westward! Congrats to Cole on the win! :D

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Sounds like it was a great trip. Mine was. They are good people to spend time with......
Bet somebody will be glad to see you!!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

awwww.......so sad to see you go. I've got to tell you that I totally took apart my knitting project & I am "trying" again. Hmmff. Nothing natural about that!!

Jake and Taryn said...

I have been checking Sara's blog and it sure looks and sounds like you all are having a wonderful time!!! It is always so sad to get back to the "real world" isn't it?

Kelly said...

OHHH! love the new 'do!

SaNdY said...

Like your haircut, Cindi! :D

Football and Fried Rice said...

Yeah - I love my new knitting hobby:) I have about 20 rows done!!! (hee-hee - I'm a little slow!)

SaNdY said...

Sara: you are doing great for a novice knitter!! :D