1/17/2008

Colorado - Day Two

Mike and I drove to Wyoming today! No - seriously.

The day started out when Mike roused me at 8. Waaaaaay too early. We showered and headed downstairs where we had some breakfast before we headed out to Denver for the day.

We were planning on going to the U.S. Mint and then stopping at an outlet mall on the way back to Colorado Springs. We went on our tour of the Mint and stopped off in the gift shop - where we stimulated the local economy to an almost outrageous degree.

Once done, we walked back to our little rental car. Mike suggested walking around a little bit to take some pictures. I agreed and we snapped some shots during a short, but nice walk. In a side note, I was really surprised at the number of pan handlers in the park. One man kept shouting, "Jesus loves you!" at us at the top of his lungs. Unsure of how to respond, I just said, "Yes, He does! Thank you."


Once more back at the car, I suggested to Mike that we drive through one of the Arby's we'd passed on our way back to the outlet mall. Mike was like, "Oh...does that mean you don't want to go to Wyoming?" He'd suggested it that morning, but I had been under the impression we'd decided not to do it. Wyoming is about 70 miles north of Denver. I decided that if Mike really wanted to cross over into Wyoming we should do it today, because we were already in Denver and going at a different time would mean another trip up to Denver.


And so, we ended up in Cheyenne, WY. We bought a few postcards and headed back to Denver. We stopped at an outlet mall on the way back, briefly and I picked up a couple of things. Then Mike asked if we could stop back in Denver at The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. So I made him call Sara and tell her we'd be late getting home and not to make dinner for us.


We had a lot of fun, but I'm really sick of being in the car. I'm ready to stick around close to home these next few days and hang out with the boys. Mike's in football Heaven here. He's already talking about when I can arrange vacation during the late summer/early fall so that we can come back when it's not so cold and do some mountain climbing and rafting and whatnot. He told me today that he could "totally live here." It is really nice and there's tons of things to do!

We can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

2 comments:

SaNdY said...

So glad to hear you two are having a fun time!! I didn't get the chance to explore Colorado when I was there a few years ago for work and when the old man and I drove through it on our way home from Yellowstone, etc,. I would love to go back and spend more time there. That is neat that you drove into Wyoming...I love Wyoming....and cowboys!! :D

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Sounds as though things are going according to plan.Peyton's upchuck didn't completely dampen your spirit. He meant well...
We actually went to a yard sale when we were in Cheyenne-1992. Course, it was in August.
Glad you're having fun..