1/14/2008

Hindsight

So - I'm knitting a hat. I've been playing around with a bunch of different patterns lately, but I seem to come back to hats. This is the pattern that I'm using for my hat, although I'm using that fuzzy yarn, so it doesn't really look much like this one.


I think this color choice was a mistake. I'm knitting with a combination of white yarn and blue "fun fur." I had hoped that it would put you in the mind of a blue sky with big fluffy white clouds.
I'm disappointed thus far. But, I'm also past the point of no return, as far as that goes. I've still got quite a bit to finish, but I've knitted enough that the thought of pulling out all that work is not an attractive option.

And so, I'll finish it and move on to another project. Does anybody need a fuzzy blue and white hat?

3 comments:

SaNdY said...

I like your hat-in-progress...I do not like wearing hats...hate the 'hat-head' look after I have to remove a hat...when Bren and I were little, we wore hats (and gloves, too, part of our 'Sunday clothes' outfit) all the time to church...but we weren't aware of hat-head then! :D

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ok - you could have "sold" it in a little better way! Had you said "I love this hat, it is so adorable - I barely want to part with it - but I will - for someone very special" - then EVERYONE would have wanted it. Now that everyone knows YOU think it is bad - no one will want it:) You crack me up!!!!

By the way, medium jacket is probably all right - unless you are planning on an extended expedition out-of-doors!

Sassy said...

Hrm. Good point. Although this isn't a BAD hat - merely not what I had thought it would turn out like. :D It's a very well constructed hat!