1/06/2008

A Public Thank You

I would just like to post about an accomplishment that I'm rather proud of...almost a year ago - on my mom's birthday last year (1-18), I started a group on the gratefulness website where anyone could light a candle in my mom's memory. Almost a year later, with plenty of help from my friends and family, I am astounded to say that we have kept it going so that not a moment has gone by in the last year that my mom hasn't had at least one candle burning for her and in memory of her. That is so awesome, you guys!

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has lit a candle for her over these past 300+ days. Especially those of you who have stepped in and saved me when I've been tied up and forgotten to light one myself. I am well aware that this would not have been possible without your help, as I picked up my father's forgetfulness gene. :D So thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Every time I go there and find that someone besides myself has lit a candle, it makes me feel really blessed to have friends and a family who care enough about us to take time out of their day to light a candle for my mom.

I plan to keep lighting candles, so I hope that everyone else will continue to do so also. Especially my guardian angels who check in and make sure I haven't forgotten to light a candle and keep the group going. I'd be lost without you! Thanks!

O God of grace and glory, we remember before You this day our sister, Linda. We thank You for giving her to us, her family and friends, to know and to love as a companion on our earthly pilgrimage. In Your boundless compassion, console us who mourn. Give us faith to see in death the gate of eternal life; so that in quiet confidence we may continue our course on earth, until, by Your call, we are reunited with those who have gone before; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

SaNdY said...

That is so nice, Cindi! And it motivates me to keep lighting a candle...I've not been lighting them as much as I should...nice prayer, too...