7/15/2007

My Homework

1) What was something Mom always said to you?
“Drive easy.”
“It’s a great life…if you don’t weaken.”
“These things have a way of working themselves out.”

2) What made Mom happy?
Her weiner dogs, my Uncle Mike, trading movie quotes with Matt and I

3) What made Mom sad?
When I left after a visit, talking about Matt after he died, getting sick and missing my wedding

4) How did Mom make you laugh?
Making fun of my dad, never being able to tell a joke because she would laugh when she though about how funny it was

5) What was Mom like as a child?
According to my Uncle Mike, vicious. He claims he only has limited movement of his right arm due to the beatings he took.

6) how old was your mom?
She would be 58 and a half

7) How tall was your mom?
5’4

8) What was her favorite thing to do?
Go to auctions – especially when she’d get a big box full of useless crap for a dollar

9) What did your mom do when you are away?
The same thing she did when I was around.

10) What would your mom be famous for?
Her “rapists’ wit” ...(that’s from Dumb and Dumber)

11) What was your mom really good at?
She was a great nurse and she made the best banana bread in the world.

12) What was your mom not very good at?
Being patient - especially with my Dad, putting up with whiny people

13) What did your mom do for a job?
She was a nurse.

14) What was your mom’s favorite food?
I don’t know that she had an absolute favorite. She loved sweets, sterzings and maid-rites.

15) What made you proud of your mom?
My mom made it through nursing school as a single mom while my big brother was little, she was a great nurse who (I know for a fact) saved lives.

16) If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Underdog. Or that hillbilly flea in the old cartoon that sang, “food around the corner, food around the corner…” – she liked that one.

17) What did you and your mom do together?
Talk, make fun of other people, shopping

18) How are you and your mom the same?
Neither one of us are patient, we’re both pushy, loud-mouth broads, we look alike

19) How are you and your mom different?
She was very stoic when she was hurting while I’m a big whiner. I do not suffer alone. :D If I’m not happy, ain’t nobody happy.

20) How do you know your mom loved you?
She told me all the time, she tried to give me everything I wanted, she was always really excited when I came home to visit and hugged me for an extra few moments when I was leaving, she tried to keep me from worrying about her

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Thank you, Cindi.
I got misty but it is GOOD to hear these things.

Football and Fried Rice said...

I like your similarities. It takes a REAL woman to admit that she is..what was it?..loud-mouthed & pushy?? Yeah, I like it..

SaNdY said...

Great answers, Cindi! And I agree with Sara, you are so honest!! I love it that you admit to making fun of other people along with your mom, but I can't say that I've ever seen you be pushy or a loud-mouth...