7/20/2007

Greetings from Loyola University Chicago

So I had to come to school early today and take a test. I missed an exam the week that our house flooded and when you miss a test, you have to make arrangements with the program assistant to make it up in their office during certain times of the day. Well, first we flooded and I missed the test, then it was fourth of July and the office/school was closed. Then I couldn't get ahold of Jennifer, the assistant to make an appointment to come in. Then I had to get a deal saying that it was ok for me to make up the exam. And finally - three weeks later, here I am. Finally ready to take them exam...and I've forgotten all the information. It's business stuff - business law. Yech. Not something I really want anything to do with ANYWAY and three weeks after I learned the information. I sense a "C" in my future.

Anyway, so I had to be here at 9:00 am and I was not looking forward to riding the train with all the yuppies, so I talked Mike into driving me down here before he went to work. Believe me, it was no picnic. He took some convincing and then all I heard about his morning was how he had to wake up a half an hour early. To quote Livia Soprano, "Oh, poor you." As a result, I was here at 7:30 this morning and decided to kill the time in the computer lab. One thing I love about the computer lab is the high speed internet. I decided to upload some pictures so that I can post them. Normally at my house it takes at least 10 minutes to get a good size picture uploaded on our computer. We have really got to get rid of dial-up and invest in some better technology. Here, it took me about 10 seconds to upload all three of the pictures you're about to see.

I went through my email archives and ran across an email from Mike's cousin, Laurie. (Of pink princess phone fame - from Mike's Charlie's Angel picture.) I have no idea when these were taken. She sent them to me about a year ago and they were old then. She hates her hair in these pictures but I think she looks really cute!

Mike and his sister, Kelly. What are they singing? I don't know - but feel free to speculate in the comments section! If Mike had anything to say about it, I'm sure it was Pearl Jam. Although I like to think it was something like, "Cracklin' Rose" or "Sweet Caroline." In karaoke, you can never go wrong with Neil Diamond. People may make fun of him but I'm telling you, he brings down the house when you're singing karaoke. The other option I love to imagine that he's singing is Air Supply.

Here's Mike and Laurie. Her hair looks good, right? I don't know what she was talking about!

Mike, his sister and his cousins. Mike, Kelly, Laurie, Andrea and Kristie.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

i'm all out of love. i'm so lost without YOU, i can't be too late....i know i was so wrong....

SaNdY said...

I'm guessing that these pictures were from the 'First (and only, I believe!) Piekarski/Kurczewski Cousin's Get-together' @ the Wellington Pub in SH. Is that right, Kelly, cousins?? And for the record, I think Laurie's hair looks nice, too!

Kelly said...

you are correct mOm.

Mike said...

if I remember correctly, I believe the song in question was Two Pina Coladas by Garth Brooks and was definitely not Air Supply.

Anonymous said...

yes, our first and ONLY cousins gathering! it was a blast though! this was from May 2004. hey, take some new pics next time we're all together and post those! i can't stand that pic of me! LOL