1/12/2007

Growing Pains

Ok, so today Mike called me from work and I told him that we've been invited over to our friend Sarah's for a small dinner party/get-together. He said that he wants to work out tonight but that we can go after. Yeah, ok - but I have a feeling we're going to miss most of the get-together, definitely any "dinner" part of the party and we certainly won't see Lyric. We probably won't get there until about 9 and, while we can chat with the adults, my sweet baby lady will be long in bed. Poop. Well, we're going to do it Mike's way but I'm still miffed.

I got off the phone and pouted for a bit and thought to myself, "Well, he's going to be making his own dinner tonight!"

I was horrified! That's the best punishment I could think of!? I must be getting old! I had brothers on either side of me growing up. I can dish punishment and fanny smackin' (that's a technical term I learned on CSI, by the way) with the best of 'em. You start knocking on 30 and suddenly it's all downhill, baby!

Then I redeemed myself. I have purposely left my lunch dishes sitting out. Mike HATES that. AND he won't be expecting it because he can't access the internet at work! Mwahahahahahahaha! Am Lex Luther-esque super villain to Mike's Superman.

Plus he's still making his own dinner!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

oh cindi, cindi, cindi. you should be GLAD that mike is encouraging you both to stick to your work out regimen!!! instead of leaving dishes out....give him a big ole hug!

(as you can see, i'm still basking in the glow of mike's obvious loyalty to me and my movie choices. :))