1/08/2007

Gym Journal - Day 2 - 8 Jan 2007

Happy Elvis' Birthday!

Work out recap - 8Jan2007

Minutes on treadmill: 20 + cool down
People who eyeballed my hot body: 2 (either my body or my "Supergirl" t-shirt...you say to-may-to, I say to-mah-to...
Speed(me): 3.0
Incline(me): 1.0
Speed(Mike): 3.5 - \/\/hatever!
Incline(Mike): 11.2 - oh, now you're just showing off. :D
Amount of time spent in line to get replacement card: 17 minutes
Number of times in 17 minutes that the yuppie mom in front of me told her daughter "That's not appropriate": 6...Next time, try this...say it with me - "Sit down and shut up!"
Amount of money spent on replacement membership card: $5
Number of times Mike told me I was irresponsible in an exasperated tone: 4
Number of times that _I_ said, "I said I was sorry, dammit!": 4
Number of times I've lost my library card and he hasn't said a word: 5
Number of friends made at gym today: Almost 1...we'll say 1/2. I was delighted to see that the lady next to me was a WALKER! (Not a jog-at-the-speed-of-lighter) I chatted amiably with her for a few minutes until suddenly, she started sprinting. Deceitful bitch. How DARE she...attempting to dupe me. I didn't say anything but I'm pretty sure that she sensed my resentment which I showed by smiling at her when she was there and then complaining about her to Mike as soon as she was gone.
Number of IPODS dropped by joggers that ricocheted off treadmill and nearly crippled me: 1
Number of Elvis sightings at gym: 0...how disappointing
Number of "Woodward motels" on three mile stretch between our house and restaurant where we had dinner: 11
Number of chocolates in 1/2 pound container I purchased during un-anticipated stop at newly discovered Fannie May store en route to restaurant: 12
Number of calories burned at gym: 500-ish
Number of calories consumed at EXCELLENT restaurant in Lincolnwood, IL: approximately 4 billion

2 days down - 154 to go.

Additional story(aka why Mike is a better person than I): Today the mail-lady came and brought a box from Dell. I was soooooooo excited. Our mp3 players were here! (hence forth referred to as Dellpods). I danced a jig and opened the box - to find only Mike's had arrived. I called Mike and told him that his dellpod had arrived and that I'd charge it up for him to use that evening at the gym. My disappointment must have been clear because he said, "That's ok...you can use it tonight." Ok, first he said (upon finding out his had arrived and mine had not...), "YES!...That's what you get when you pay more money for a bigger dellpod just so you can have a pink one." But then he offered it to me.

I like to think I'd have done the same but I think there's an equally likely possibility that I'd have said something like, "Yeah, suckah! I rule you!" and held it in my hand prominently while I wave to him from across the gym. :D Luckily we'll never have to find out for sure. We can all bask in Mike's sainthood and forget what a hateful (but hilarious) bi-atch I may have been. Whew! That was close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Number of times I snickered, laughed or smiled while reading this blog: At least 10!