1/10/2007

Power trippin'

Well, it has happened. Mike has gotten drunk with power. Today was his second day out in the field for the Health Department of the City of Chicago. He's got a hat and lab coat. If this wasn't enough, he shut down a restaurant today. That's right...my husband slapped big green "License revoked" signs on a Northwest Chicago "famous"* pizzeria. When he gets his badge (that's right...BADGE)...he'll be unbearable to live with. He also is getting a raise after only a month on the job. God bless working for the government.

This is going to be a short post because I really should be getting to bed. I couldn't work out today because I had my sock class to go to but I did manage to get in some walking outdoors. I walked to the bank and then walked several blocks before catching the bus to Filter, where we meet. So that counts.

Then we stopped at Kohl's and found they were having a huge sale on winter coats and it just so happened that Mike's winter coat had just shuffled forth the mortal coil (aka broken zipper) - and we got him a choice coat for 60% off!

All in all, a full evening! Now I'm off to grab a few z's...I've got more errands to run tomorrow. Ta!

*The exact name of this pizzeria was removed.

No comments: