1/03/2007

Gym Journal - Day 1 - 3Jan2007

I've decided to blog about what I do at the gym as I'm hoping that the humiliation of not being able to post if I don't go will keep me going to the gym the required three times per week. Did that make sense? In other words, you have my permission to holla at me if I don't post about my gym activities because it probably means I weaseled out of going with Mike.

Soooo...today I started my workout regime. I did 20 minutes (plus cool down) on the treadmill at speed of 3.0 and an incline of .5%. Hey - baby steps, ok? We don't go from couch potato to marathon runner overnight! Tomorrow I do 3.0 with a 1% incline and the day after, I get steeper. Then when I've worked all the way up the incline, I'll start with a .5% incline and get faster and work my way up. Then next winter I'll run the Chicago Marathon. Or maybe do a 10K walk for charity...baby steps.

Work out recap - 3Jan2007
Minutes on treadmill: 20 + cool down
Speed: 3.0
Incline: 0.5%
People who eyeballed my hot body: none that I know of...soon to increase as I will be a lean, mean, sexy machine.
Times I wanted to kill Mike: innumerable.

(let me 'splain) I'm on the treadmill - walking. (But it's a brisk walk, ok?) Meanwhile, surrounding me are yuppies running at the speed of light without breaking a sweat. No big deal - any time anybody looked at me I just waved at them and pretended we were meeting on the street. "Nice day, isn't it? Think it'll rain?" Anyway, I'm power walking my way to glory and I happen to glance over into the next room where the stairmasters and elliptical machines are. There's Mike - jogging his way up a mountain on an elliptical machine. Jerk. Makin' me look bad. I want him declared a nuisance and taken away for the night!

Day 1 down. 155 more to go. Yikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Cindi!! Way to go!! This blog is hilarious, especially the part about you waving at the running yuppies, like you're meeting them on the street...too funny! You have all the credentials and writing ability to be the Everywoman's Amy Sedaris!! (she's a bit too much out there for me, you are much more like most of us females!!) And I'm sure it'll get easier for you...not that I'm an expert, or anything, last time I was in a gym was to buy a gift wristband for my cousin's kid, I was there all of 2 minutes!! GO, Cindi, GO!!!! And Mike, if you're reading this, slow it up a bit!