1/19/2007

Birthday trivia

I had forgotten that I started doing this last year and I've already ruined it by telling you how old everybody else is but I'm back on the ball now - so here it is again!

Happy birthday to Mike's Auntie Bren! I'll let you guys guess how old she is.

Notable facts from the year of Bren's birth!
*Harry S Truman is president
*NATO is formed
*The 1st Emmy Awards are given
*Toronto defeated Detroit for the Stanley Cup
*Joe Louis retires
*The California Zephyr (a train between LA and Chicago) makes its first run (This fact may only be interesting to me as it is the train I have riden many a time to go from Mt. Pleasant to Chicago on my way to visit Mikey in Detroit)
*George Orwell publishes 1984

Other Notable Births in this year:
*John Belushi
*Wolfgang Puck
*Erik Estrada
*Billy Joel
*The Kaczynski brothers - (Jaroslaw is the current prime minister of Poland while twin brother Lech is the current president of Poland)
*Bruce Springsteen
*Ric Ocasek
*Phillip Michael Thomas
*Tom Berenger
*Sigourney Weaver
*Carlos the jackal - (I freakin' love this one. It made me laugh. I am forever going to tell people now that Bren was born the same year as Carlos the jackal.)
*Jeff Bridges
*Robin and Maurice Gibb
*Jerry "The King" Lawler - (also made me laugh)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, she's waaaaaaay older than me, 3 years older....she could have been a month closer to my birthday, but she popped out a month early!! Her scheduled due date to be born was in February, she was little preemie!! Happy 58th Birthday, Brenda Starr!! (Here's a little known fact: Bren was named after a character in the comics that our dad liked, Brenda Starr...think about it! I could've been named Blondie!!)

Anonymous said...

So, who is Jerry Lawler?? Thanks for all the trivia...which is actually very trivial! You better watch out, little sister, don't give away all the family secrets!
hahahaha
Brendy (rhymes with Sandy)!

Anonymous said...

I wanna know who Carlos the Jackal is!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now it is published that my mom is 58 and that Aunty Sandy is 3 years younger....Do you think that Mike will know how old his mom will turn this year when the time comes in August? Now THAT is the question! Cindi - be sure to test your husband come August 16th!

SaNdY said...

Hey, Laurie!! It's good to see your comment in here...you need to contribute more often! I'm betting Mike will remember how old I am THIS year! But I might forget! LOL!!