10/25/2007

An Unfortunate "Accident"


So, Monday I accidentally made Mike eat peanut butter. I had picked up a cookie that I thought was M&M, broken off a piece of it and fed it to him. He didn't give any indication that anything was amiss...he ate it. I broke off another piece to give to him and he said he didn't want anymore. I found this very hard to believe! Mike? Turning down cookie!? I protested that he needed to eat the cookie and once again he said, "No, thanks."

I was ready to insist that he just eat the dang thing because I wouldn't have gotten it if I'd known he wasn't going to split it with me when he softly said, "I think it has peanut butter in it." I was startled and then I heard the cookie lady tell someone else that they were made with reece's pieces. I froze as I realized I'd really fed peanut butter to Mike...who won't even get within five feet of me after I've had a peanut butter cup.

Naturally, I started to feel bad. I apologized to Mike and told him that I thought they were M&Ms. He shot me an incredulous look and said (quite disbelievingly), "M&Ms aren't that color!" I started to protest! It's fall/Halloween time and they're orange and black! It is absolutely feasible that they were M&Ms!

Then I decided that I'll let him think that I fed him peanut butter on purpose. Next time it comes up...and you know it will come up...:D...I'm going to say, "That's what you get when you mess with me. A mouth full of peanut butter!"

5 comments:

SaNdY said...

So funny to me that Mike 'softly' says to you 'I think it has peanut butter in it' but that he seemed to get more angry about the fact that you thought the reeses pieces were m&m's!! =]

Charlie said...

Tell Mike to try another one: maybe he'll develope a taste for them and we can share a bag of Reeses Miniture Cups next time he's down here!

Football and Fried Rice said...

hehe. My husband hates cotton balls & when I am mad at him, I threaten that while he is sleeping I am going to shove cotton balls in his pillow case, in his clothes, etc...pretty nice, huh?

SaNdY said...

I think Mike's hatred for anything peanut butter is genetic, the old man hates it, too...stemmed from the fact that one of the old man's brothers forced him to eat peanut butter when he was little....

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

heck, i thought maybe he was allergic. if he just doesn't like it, i wouldn't worry. that's a wierd thing to dislike. i love jif. you can feed me peanut butter anytime....