10/10/2007

The Sasquatch in Our Bathroom

Ok - so remember how I was talking about how immaculate my bathroom at the old place was when I left and hoping, hoping, hoping that Andrew was going to clean up the bathroom before he left. Hoping that Andrew was a clean freak like Mike. Andrew is not a clean freak. In fact, the words that come to mind are "big fat slob." Ugh. Plus he wouldn't let the landlord send people in to work on the place - which meant that they'd have to work around us. We didn't care. There were two days in between Andrew moving most of his stuff out and us taking possession, so they had most of the painting done ahead of time. The one area they hadn't touched yet? The bathroom. I walked in and was like, "Oh, no no no. This is not acceptable." Leo, the super, kept saying, "No, no...is no finish." He's Romanian and has a great accent.

Now, Mike and I knew there were some..."issues." They were going to repaint the whole thing, put in a new vanity and whatnot. But this is what it looked like when we moved in.

This was really gross to me...but, you know what, I knew they were going to fix this...they refinished the tub and brought in a tool to chisel between the tiles and then they reapplied the goopy stuff...whatever it's called.

They also had to apply stuff to kill the mold on the walls and ceiling before they could repaint. Again, they fixed it.

But this is what really grossed me out. Do you see the humongous ball of hair that Andrew left in the corner?! There was a layer of hair coating the entire floor. Not as bad as this hairball but bad. In fact, I nearly gagged just now thinking about it. Look at all that hair! Do you think it's possible that Andrew is, in fact, a Sasquatch....or a Yeti?

Now, they're going to be replacing this medicine cabinet for us. It's old and has some rusty spots on it which drive Mike insane. He called our landlord who sent a guy the next day to measure for a new one. We're waiting for it to come in at Home Depot. But look at the toothpaste and junk that he didn't clean off. It's called Windex! And it's not that expensive!

Anyway, here are some "almost" after pictures. We're still waiting for the cabinet to come in. Mike was definitely not thrilled about the pink, so I got as much blue in there as I could. I bought new towels to go with it. Is it weird that I love new towels? Because it seems weird to me for some reason. It's not beautiful - but it'll do. No mold, no more hairballs...I'll take it. (By the way, I didn't have to clean it myself - the super's wife Suzie came in and supercleaned it after Leo had painted).

The worst part of the deal? We had to go three days without being able to use our shower because they had scraped and refinished the tub and the stuff couldn't get wet for 72 hours. I wasn't sure Mike was going to last the whole time. It was close.

5 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Ewwww!! He was a shedder!? No pets?
Maybe he was one of those guys that has a really hairy back or a beard and he trimmed it and NEVER swept up! The mold--ewwww...
Sounds like he's willing to fix things right away.Gotta love that!

SaNdY said...

What a transformation!! I love the shower curtain!! And I think the pink tile will help Schmikey get in touch with his 'feminine' side!! =]
As for Andrew, all I can say is that, if you've worked long enough in an office, like I have, you realize quickly that more people are slobs than not..for proof, just look in a refrigerator or microwave in an office....

Kelly said...

i bet you guys were smellis

Football and Fried Rice said...

Wow. Andrew is a dirty-bird. Have you even noticed how people treat stuff that isn't theirs? yuck. Looks a lot better now though!!

Sassy said...

No pets. It was all him. He was there for four years and I'm not sure he cleaned at all.

We saw him for about five minutes the day we were moving in. The people in the complex used to call him "The Caveman" (behind his back) - because he looked like the cavemen on the Geico commercials. Very thick beard.