10/23/2007

It's Like the Hiccups...I Can't Stop!

For some reason, I've had the song Tonight You Belong to Me in my head all day. Those 'in the know' will recognize it as one of the songs that Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters sing in the movie The Jerk - which is another of my favorites. Not to be confused with "I'm picking out a thermos for you..."

I've been unpacking my Willow Tree angels and whatnot...and singing this to myself all day. I think I've been driving Mike crazy but I hardly even know that I'm even doing it anymore! I even do the cornet part. Yikes.


Tonight You Belong to Me

I know (I know)
You belong to somebody new
But Tonight you belong to me
Although (although) we're apart
You're part of my heart
And tonight you belong to me

Way down by the stream
How sweet it will seem
Once more just to dream
In the moonlight
My honey I know (I know)
With the dawn that you will be gone
But tonight you belong to me
Just to little old me

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

too cute!! Look how young Steve Martin looked!