10/08/2007

For Aunt Linda (mostly)

Aunt Linda asked in the comments where I was going to put my Dr. Seuss plaque, which she gave me as a housewarming present.

Well, I have a couple of thoughts on this subject. I thought I might put it here. That way, it would be sort of the centerpiece of my living room.

But I also thought it would go nicely here. Then it would be the first thing that people would see when they walked through our front door.

But I also thought about hanging it with this picture. My sister-in-law painted this picture of my mom...

From this picture of her in 1968, when she was 19 years old.


I have plenty of blank wall space to do this...but I'm just not sure where I feel that it would fit best, yet.

I also need to find a place to hang these, which I found in a frame with my baptismal certificate, of all things. The certificate had slid off center in the frame and when I went in to fix it, I came across these 10 x 13 (or 14...whatever) pictures of Jeff and I back in the pre-Matt days. So I bought them their own frames and plan to hang them up somewhere - our bedroom probably.

We're just too, too cute not to hang. I'm going to have to go through some boxes the next time I'm home to see if I can find a big one of Matt or of the three of us to go with it. I'm also working on a collage project to go over our bed...two of them actually. One is a family picture and the other is just our wedding day shots. We'll see how that turns out and how long it takes me to get done. I am my dad's kid after all. And he did buy my mom a new countertop for Christmas one year...which got installed two years later. Yeah. Could be awhile before I finish up.

To quote Caleb, I can't help it if I'm a Harris. :D

4 comments:

SaNdY said...

Well, even tho this post is mostly for your Aunt Linda, I can't help putting my 2 cents in...you have a few nice places to place that plaque that Aunt Linda gave you with your mom's favorite saying (Linda: nice gift!!) I would prolly pick the place where people could see it as soon as they come in...but if you pick a place, and don't like it, or feel the need for a change, then move it!! It would prolly mean even more if you hung it with the watercolor of your mom...
But as far as procrastinating goes, almost nobody can beat me!! I still have not hung pictures in one of our bathrooms (the small one) or our Florida portraits...that I could not wait to get last year!! I do display them, tho, on tables, etc...I LOVE them!!
Love Caleb's comment about being a Harris!! =]

Charlie said...

There WAS a reason I took so long on the countertop! Ask me about it when l come up next time!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

You are 50-50 parker-harris---not that that makes it much different. I think stubborn is a parker trait, Soooooo a stubborn procrastinator ye be.....
I agree with Sandy; with the water color and good luck finding some Matty pics... Your Mom would love that.

Kelly said...

i think you should hang it above that doorway. that'd be my vote!