10/21/2007

Annie and Pesto and Gnocchi, Oh My!

As I was saying, I went to see Annie Lennox at the Cadillac Palace. I spent $65 for this ticket (we upgraded from cheap seats) - which is more than I am usually willing to pay to see anybody. What? I'm thrifty. Our seats were awesome, though.

The opening act was a chick named Carina Round who came on stage wearing a very unfortunate purple dress. She was very funny, but I didn't really care for her music. Sort of Rickie Lee Jones meets Jewel with Alanis angst. She also did some sort of weird Iggy Pop and the Stooges thing that left Leigh and I confused.
Annie, though? Annie was great! I had to be talked into going to the concert. I like the Eurythmics alright - but it was just her, so I was afraid she wouldn't do any of the old songs. Wrong. She did a version of Sweet Dreams that had Leigh practically up on her seat shaking her bippy! And anybody who knows Leigh knows that this is an extremely rare occurrence as she's usually quasi-grouchy and anti-social. In fact, I'm one of very few people that I know she likes.

But then it's me...what's not to like? :D I'm not going to bore you with a blow by blow review of the show except to say that I had a very, very good time.

But my favorite part of the night? Having gnocchi from Maggiano's Little Italy for the first time and actually liking it. Who would have ever thought that I, finicky eating queen of the universe, would ever eat anything called gnocchi? De-lish.

A gnocchi recipe you can make for me when I visit you. One request - no pesto. I'm definitely a cream sauce girl.

4 comments:

SaNdY said...

I see you are broadening your food horizons, Cindi, good for you! And me, the one who is willing to try most things, has never had gnocchi!! :P

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

i have never had gnocchi...what is it? i am glad you are trying new things!! i am willing to try anything once!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Cindi, you have been handed the 'I remember' tag---no rules. Just post a blog with some of your favorite remembrances and pass the tag to as many or as few as you like. I will enjoy reading your memories!

Football and Fried Rice said...

yeah, thanks a lot - now you have us all wanting some gnocchi and where are WE going to find it?? I guess it is Chinese take out for us......