10/23/2007

I've Been Tagged!

I remember when my mom made Matt believe that our beagle, Ralph, could answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions by nodding or shaking his head.

I remember my dad taking me to the Bishop Buffet and Quad City Downs when I was 12 and letting me pick which horses we bet on.

I remember Jeff and I convincing Matt (repeatedly) that he was adopted.

I remember sitting at Matt’s funeral and thinking about holding his hand on his first day of kindergarten.

I remember my mom telling me when she first realized there was a difference between our generations. I was eleven and wanted her to buy me a cassette with my new favorite song on it but I couldn’t remember who sang it. One day, I came out and said that the dj had finally said the name of the man who sang the song. “Some guy named George Harrison.”


I remember sitting and watching “The Muppet Movie” with my Uncle Mike.
I remember making cinnamon toast at my Granny’s house. She always let us shake up the container with the toast, sugar and cinnamon in it.


I remember the bluebells that used to grow on the hill behind my Granny’s house and the day lilies in her back yard.

I remember how my mom used to scrunch her face and wheeze when you made her laugh really hard and how easy it was to make her laugh.

I remember holding my nephew Caleb for the first time, how he used to “hit a deer” with his little red cozy coupe and would flip it upside down to fix it when he “got a flat tire.”

I remember the first dog I ever had, Tippy Petite, and the trick my Uncle Tony taught her to do. (She’d roll over on her back if you snapped your fingers.)

I remember what 999,992 + 8 is.

I remember my dad singing old Johnny Horton songs to me when we would go places together in his truck.

Everybody I know with a blog has already been tagged - so I tag Mike. I wouldn't hold my breath about whether or not he'll answer. But he's been tagged! :D

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Cindi, Thanx for the memories. I knew they would be good ones. I look forward to reading Mike's....

Football and Fried Rice said...

Those are sweet! I'll have to pause long enough to "remember" something...anything.

SaNdY said...

Good ones, Cindi! Now keep coaxing Scmikey to blog some of his....I'll bet they'd be real interesting! :P