8/01/2007

This Post Has No Title...

I was thinking about Caleb being 16 and what I miss about him being younger when I thought of something Handsome Alex did when he was visiting Chicago. I was waiting in the hotel room while the family got changed to go to the Tigers/White Sox game. Pulling a folded shirt out of the big suitcase (without really looking at it), Alex said, "Mom...whose shirt is this?" while holding up the wad of fabric. Andrea, across the room and without even looking, sighed and said, "What size is it, Alex?"

That's what I miss about Cal being younger, I think. That complete confidence that we adults have the answers to everything. It's kind of sad when they figure out that we're not super heroes who can fix everything.

Luckily they still love us anyway.

4 comments:

SaNdY said...

Yeah, good point, Cindi, I agree...and how bout the moment of truth when YOU discover(ed) that YOUR own parents don't/didn't have all the answers??

Charlie said...

Sandy, don't spoil it for her - she still thinks I have all the answers!

SaNdY said...

I'm sure you do, Charley...but I ran out of all the answers years ago!!

Charlie said...

I never did have many answers - she just didn't realize it