8/30/2007

Sorry For the Delay, Ace

Sorry for the posting delay. I've been rather busy these last few days. Lots of stress. We're heading out to Michigan for the annual Grandpa Al Dicey Tourney and we expect to be bringing home the plaque. As a result, we've been gather and packing up all of the stuff we borrowed from the fam in order to make our party a success. Lots of chairs, cake pan, cake mix - margarator. Lots of things to remember. Plus we had to buy Mike a new speedo (for real, it's speedo brand) for the hot tub at Anut's house. We went swimming with Handsome Alex and Big Boy JO-ey - when we were done, Mike threw away his old suit because he figured he wouldn't use it again this season. It was really, really old and he knew he'd have to buy a new one for next year.

Moving seems to be proceeding at a slow pace. We're still contacting moving companies for estimates but we've got a month, so I'm hoping that it won't be a big problem. Our (almost ex)landlord is giving us a little trouble. He says that we need to paint the kitchen or he's going to take the cost of having it repainted out of our security deposit. We're working on coming to some sort of agreement with him on that.

My sleep schedule's a little off. I've been sleeping about four hours a night and then waking up wide awake for awhile and having to nap for a couple of hours in the afternoon. I'm not sure what that's all about but I'm trying to get it regulated because it's inconvenient to be so tired in the afternoon. It cuts the whole day in half.

Mike bought me a present today. A little baby pink iPod shuffle. It's one of those cheap ones that hold, like, 4 songs. But I adore it. I brought it home and hooked it up to our iTunes and got my limit of songs put on it. Very hard to cut down the selection to a small enough amount. In the six-ish months since we originally bought mp3 players from Dell, both of them have died. BOTH. Ri-damn-diculous. Mike's decided he doesn't use one enough to warrant a replacement but I like having one when I ride the CTA and walk. Makes the trip quicker. Plus, this little baby one clips on whatever you're wearing. It's adorable! Anyway, I decided that you get what you pay for, so I decided to go namebrand this time.

Let's see - what else is new? I have joined an email group for adults who've lost a parent and I'm really enjoying it...well, as much as you can enjoy talking about the death of a parent. We had an interesting discussion today about dreams and one of the other members called my response "sentimental and perceptive." I thought that sort of summed me up pretty well. Nothing else to say here - I just thought I'd share.

I have so much fun with Mike. We've been, not really fighting, but bickering a bit over the last week or so. The stress of the move and all the things to be done has us both on edge, I think. Today we went out for dinner to get out of the house for a little while. The last couple of days have been much more relaxed between us, but I laughed more in the car on the way home than I have for quite awhile. Mike always claims that when I sing along with the radio, I sing much too high - so he'll start singing extremely low to "counteract" my highness. He hadn't done it for awhile, so when I started singing along to The Verve Pipe in the car, he took me off guard by singing really low. I laughed and kept singing - stopping every once in awhile to laugh at Mike. I decided to flip the script on him and starting singing really low instead. Without missing a beat, Mike started to sing in this really high falsetto voice that nearly had me wetting my pants from laughing so hard.

Wow, I'm really all over the place here. What can I say, nothing really that exciting has happened the last few days. Perhaps some cute kitty pictures will make up for the non sequitors within this post. These are a couple of recent shots of Meme. Fully recovered and, as you can see from the bottom picture, with all her fur grown back. In fact, she's put on a bit of weight since the surgery. They say that's normal. Enjoy her cuteness. Hopefully after the weekend, I'll have something more interesting to talk about.


1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK....DON'T GO SO LONG NEXT TIME-MOVE OR NO MOVE.........