8/12/2007

If I Had A Hammer...

Soooo...I went to see Marty Casey and the Lovehammers last night at Halsted Market Days last night with my friend Leigh. You may be saying to yourself...who? I know that I did the first time Leigh mentioned him. Remember J.D. Fortune who won the lead spot in the band INXS in a reality show called Rock Star? Well, Marty here was the runner-up.

Along with this guy who was their "special guest" and came out for a couple of songs. I don't even know his name - Mig or something like that. Sorry, I didn't watch the show. I was not impressed. He came out and butchered "Paint it Black." Look, Mig or Tig or whatever your name is...if you don't know the words...don't sing the song. Especially a Rolling Stones song that everyone in that audience knows the words to. Come on! There was, seriously, a big pause at the beginning where he forgot how the song started and the picked up in the middle of the song. I love the Stones and would have totally sung along if he hadn't been jumping around throughout the entire song. Finally Marty came out and took over the song while whats-his-name sang back-up. There was a hysterical minute (to me, anyway) when whats-his-name was going to sing along with Marty except they started to sing different words. Seriously bad song choice. I had to take his picture, though, because Leigh's daughter, Christine, is a huge fan of this guy.

I was much more interested in this guy. Matt Hoffer is his name. Now I didn't watch the Rock Star show and hadn't really heard much of the Lovehammers before going to the show, so I had no idea there was an extra guy on stage until they introduced him. He's in a Chicago band called, "Holding Mercury." And I think he's just yummy. They didn't mention that this Matt guy was on the second season of the Rock Star show where the winner got to be lead singer for Tommy Lee's new band, Supernova. Probably because Matt was the first person voted off. Oh, well.

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

YOU ARE BECOMING QUITE THE GROUPIE THERE, EH? YOU ARE REALLY RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING---EVERYBODY -EVRYBODY KNOWS THE STONES STUFF AND TO LIMP THROUGH LIKE THAT IS THE KISS OF DEATH FOR A ROCKER.

Football and Fried Rice said...

MATT was the first one voted off? What are they, blind? Who cares what he sounds like.....

Sassy said...

Exactly! I still don't know what Marty Casey sounds like. ;) Who was listening to HIM?