8/03/2007

Storm Update

So he's here! We're having a pretty good time, although Caleb spends most of his time either on my computer or playing Nintendo Wii. Today his stomach was a bit upset which meant he spent all day on the internet rather than jumping around the living room on the Wii.

I had to get on Mike a little bit about being too strict with Cal. I had to explain to him that you can't expect a 16 year old boy to have the same standard of cleanliness that he has...I do not have that standard of cleanliness! And yes, he's fooling around - he's 16. Hello? But overall, Mike chilled out, although he did make a big production of giving Caleb his own laundry basket to put his clothes in when he got undressed at night. I was afraid Mike might be hurting Caleb's feelings that first night, so behind Mike's back, I said, "It puts the laundry in the basket or else it gets the hose again." and made him laugh. We've been saying it ever since. :D

Anyway, today Mike got home from work and told Caleb how much he appreciated the effort he was putting in to keeping the house clean. I thought that was really decent of him.

Tonight's been a pretty mellow night. As I said, Caleb hasn't been feeling well and he actually went to bed right after dinner - about 8:30. We didn't even have time to take the sheets out of the wash and put them on the bed. He's sleeping pretty soundly which makes me think he stayed up later than what he told me. I figure, so what! He's on vacation. He's always an up all night-sleep all day kid the first few days he's here. Although he must be getting old, because his streak only lasted two nights this time!

Anyway, that's the update for now. If you don't hear from me, you know that somebody's on the computer!

5 comments:

SaNdY said...

Hope Caleb is feeling better...what game are Caleb and Mike playing?? It looks like they're doing some odd sort of dance with the Wii remotes!! =]

Football and Fried Rice said...

I really like the Silence with the Lambs kicker there..I'll bet Mike did too (eventually)...we says that around our house too..when one of us is leaning too heavy "bad cop"....;0) (usually me)

Sassy said...

They are playing Wii boxing. Caleb is jabbing and Mike is dodging, I believe.

Sassy said...

Mike still hasn't heard it yet. I'm sure when he does it will...eventually...be funny. :D

Anonymous said...

Does look like dancing or karate! I never heard of Wii. I don't blame Mike for being a tad hard. Cleaning up at the end of a week could be monumental. Besides, at 16, Caleb should know respect and company manners. You have to be as gentle with us OCDs as you are with inconsiderate mini-adults.
Keep having fun. Caleb will always come again and Mike loves having him as much as you do.
Auntie Linda