8/01/2007

A Furniture Story

We picked up our new furniture on Sunday and moved it into the house. Although squeezed might be a better word considering the size of the furniture compared to the size of our front door. I had to take all of the books and things out of the bookshelf and bring all of the things that are located in the living room into the kitchen while we were moving things around. This is what the kitchen looked like. I know that you, too, can practically hear Mike's head exploding at the amount of stuff sitting in the kitchen. Because we had to go to Michigan right after Mike got home from work, there was no time to move around our living room so that all we'd have to do is move in the new stuff. So the old furniture was moved out and the new stuff moved in - but it was basically just sitting in the middle of the floor until we could move it around the next day.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, it was 10 pm before we got back on Sunday. Due to the biggest hassle moving in the furniture (a story for another day), it was after midnight before we got everything moved from the Uhaul trailer to our living room. We decided to go to bed and worry about moving everything around the next day because Mike had to be to work. As he was going down the stairs, Mike said to me, "Try and get that stuff out of the kitchen tomorrow while I'm at work." I was so pissed. How the hell was I going to get the stuff put back in the living room without someone here to put the couches in place, move our huge ass tv and big awkward book shelf? I told him I'd try and get the book shelf moved over to the new spot and the books put away but that the rest of it would have to wait until he got home to help. He agreed but huffed down the stairs muttering about how he was "tired of moving furniture."

But, the next day, I did some measuring and figuring. The couches were bigger than we thought and so our original plan for placement wouldn't work. So I worked out a new arrangement that would allow for us to put everything in the living room without moving around the tv and cables etc. Then I...yes I moved the furniture around into place. As you can see, though, the cats helped.


And most of the mess has been moved out of the kitchen and found a new home either in the new living room or in the storage room. I was pretty tired when I was done but it was worth it to see Mike's face when he came home to a clean, new living room and realized he didn't have to do any more furniture moving and instead could just sit, Al Bundy style, in his new recliner.


There were a few more things to put away in the kitchen but over-all, we're done! Huzzah!

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I like that----Al Bundy style. You know when I'm alone....OOPS! Too much information. The new stuff does look nice and I, my own OCD self, see nothing wrong with being tidy. If you always put it away....you always know where it is.

SaNdY said...

Great job, Cindi!! Looks like all the hassle was worth it by the look of Al's...I mean Mike's face as he's relaxing in the recliner!!!I hope you got some recliner time, 2, after all the hard work you did!!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for taking my furniture off my hands! I hope you enjoy it! (And I told you it was big furniture!)