5/08/2007

Tales from a gym journal

So, I got a site meter which tells me how many people visit me in the blogosphere. I was playing around with options and it was free - so why not? It tells me where you are, how long you stay, how many pages you view, what website you click in from (if any), if you used a search engine to get there, it'll tell me what you were looking for, which of my links you use to click off from and your median income. Ok, I made that last one up. Hee hee. It does offer to show me the latitude and longitude of your location, though - so prepare to be stalked. I'll be the one outside of your house in the rain shouting, "But we have a CONNECTION. We're meant to be together!"

Anyway, most of the locations, I recognize. It doesn't always tell me exactly what town you're in - it's actually where your IP address is based out of which may be somewhere nearby but not the same exact city. It's sort of a fun game..."Oh...there's Aunt Linda. That's Jeff. Sara in the hizz-ouse. That's gotta be dad. Rachael visited at 2:24 a.m. - what the heck's she doing up that late?" Kristie made her monthly visit to the blog. Geez, Kristie...where's the love? I'm interesting ALL THE TIME. :D

What was I saying? Oh yeah - so I'm scrolling down the list and playing my "who's who" game. I notice that there are two stops from Chapel Hill, NC. I click on it and it turns out this person was looking for "gym journal" in a search engine and was pointed to our little section of cyberspace. I had to LAAAAUGH. Two archive entries about how I hate the gym and I'm labeled as a gym journal.

That's right - this is a gym journal. Just call me Buff Betty. :D Which may, interestingly enough, become my roller derby name when I'm (hopefully) rolling for the Windy City Rollers in a year or two. But that's a story for another day.

Enjoy the day, kids. It's nice out.

5 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Cindi,
You crack me up. I think you are interesting EVERYday..
Sara

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

cindi- you crack me up- in a good way. seriously, i gotta learn all this stuff and believe me, i'd rather you take the chances! HA!HA! and you didn't think i knew how to make capitals. don't be celebrating my antiquity in cyberspace tho i would like to see an announcement of mike's!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, sounds like Big Brother (or Buff Betty!!) is WATCHING all da time....I better be berry careful.........and I agree with Sara, (not Kristie!) you are interesting EVERYday!

Anonymous said...

weeeeeelllllll since you're counting i'm going to give you something to count. i might even begin logging in every hour or so for any new gut-wrenching tales from the diaries of cindi.

Anonymous said...

So it's May 26 and I'm now reading your entries from May 8. Guilty as charged. At least I'm reading yours before Kelly's. :p