5/18/2007

Cat Tales and the anti-Switzerland

Mike informed me last night that Meme is going to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese tonight followed by a slumber party. She's going to play skeeball ("kebaw," in Meme speak) and maybe some whack-a-mole (whackmo). Also, she upset with Furio because he hit on her first grade teacher, Miss Henderson (Miss Hed-son). She's very happy about the Pistons moving on in the play-offs - she's still crazy about Tayshaun Prince (Tay-saw Pince).

I had thought that the Bulls-Pistons series was long over until I read in Kelly's blog that the Bulls had inexplicably won a couple of games. There was an almost apathetic feel around the city about the Bulls being in the play-offs. There was Bear-mania in the city even before they went to the play-offs simply because they were winning. And that year the Cubs were in the play-offs (and choked) it was nuts! I'm not sure we'll ever find out what the mood would be like in the city if the Blackhawks were in the playoffs - I don't think they'll ever make it to the playoffs.

When Chicago plays Detroit, we attempt to adapt some sort of neutrality treaty in the household. Like Switzerland. The same goes for Iowa/Michigan State games. It usually doesn't take. One of us can't seem to help taunting the other. And no it's not always me, Dad.

Mike told me to "break out the broom" just before Game 4 of the Bulls-Pistons series. Since I'm not a big basketball person, it didn't really bother me - I just kinda shook my head and rolled my eyes. Then I noticed that there was no follow up taunt that evening. I had to look up the score on nba.com and saw that (amazingly) the Bulls had won. After I'd looked it up, I sauntered into the living room where Mike was sitting on the couch watching tv and asked him who'd won the game. He muttered, "The Bulls won." To which I replied, "HA! I know. I checked the score online. In your FACE! I rule you!" (Sometimes I amaze even myself with my depth of maturity.) I know that I'm not interested in basketball...but I couldn't let a taunt go unanswered, could I?

Mike apparently has the same philosophy because last night he informed me that "Ben Wallace is breaking out his golf clubs about now."

5 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Yep; it's official: you need a baby! (ha, ha)

SaNdY said...

Please be sure to continue updating all of us fans on what's going on with Miss Meme and Master Furio, kinda like a blog within a blog....

Charlie said...

I hadn't said (or even thought) a word. . . However, just remember I KNOW YOU!

Charlie said...

Yeah Sara, I agree

Kelly said...

golf clubs?? i was thinking fishing poles....

awww. meme's going to a 'birfday' (in bailey speak) party. in our demented pet world bailey and pablo are going to daytona with me and scott (they really are) and bailey is trying to do some chores around the house to get some 'monies' to buy her 'polkie dot beekeenee'.