5/01/2007

A moment of larceny

Since I've already "borrowed" a picture off of Sara's blog, I decided I might as well continue to "borrow" from other people I know. Ok, just from Kelly. But I do so enjoy this picture of Mike and Bailey, the party pug. Hrm...perhaps I should check out Scott's site too and get a picture of Pablo to spice up this post. It will be pug-tastic. Beauty! Since I really don't have much of a clue what to write about today, pugs can only improve the content.

So, I came to school really early today in order to make sure I completed a PowerPoint presentation that I needed to have done for class tonight. I would have been done ages ago if only I had access to PowerPoint at home. I'd written out what I was going to put on them, gathered the pictures and statistics for a graph and basically done everything I could possibly do without actually being able to create slides. I was afraid that if I didn't get up and have Mike drop me off at Loyola on his way to work, I'd sleep in too late and fiddle around at home until I had waited too long to complete the assignment - or at least without enough time to really do it well. So I was here at about 7:30 this morning and I was done with the assignment at about 8:30. And that's including the time I took in the middle of the project to send three emails. Class starts at 6:00 p.m. tonight. I could go home but I do have a lot of other stuff that I need to get finished before finals next week. I work better away from home where I can't get distracted by kitties, movies or more interesting reading material. Or food. But basically, instead of going off in search of a chocolate chip cookie with which to entertain myself, I am instead avoiding my work by hopping around on the internet, gathering photos (pug-tastic though they may be) and posting blog entries which really have no point.

Sorry - I saved this post while I went off to McNasty's to grab a breakfast sandwich. Then I came back and promptly forgot about it. I didn't make it to getting Pablo Pug-casso on here either. Poop. I'll have to post a Pablo picture sometime this week to even things out. For some reason I can't save pictures off of the internet to my computer at home. They won't load back up. But I can do it from school. Dunno. I'm not computer savvy enough to have Clue #1.

By the way, I wasn't sure if I'd spelled savvy correctly, so I decided to spell check this. It didn't highlight "savvy" so hopefully we're alright there...but I wouldn't be too sure. It highlighted internet every time it appeared and HALF of the word actually. Just the actu part. Yeah. I don't get it either. Words with two v's are funny. Not that I can think of any others. I actually had to look up the origin of the word. Yes, I'm a geek - we all know that. Move on. :D So, it comes from the "West Indies pidgin borrowing of French savez(-vous)? 'do you know?'" Thank you dictionary.com.

Speaking of dictionary.com. I deleted my "word of the day" from my email without really looking at it today and I am kicking myself! I went to look up savvy and found that today's word is "termagant!" Awesome word. Want to know what it means? Pft! Too bad. Look it up yourself. What do I look like...your mom?

So...good luck with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Bailey, the partied-out pug!