5/31/2007

Echoes

I was minding my own business, checking my email and fooling around online when all of a sudden, I missed Matt so much that it took my breath away.
I was as though I'd been transported back in time to the moment when Mom called me and said, "We've lost Matt." The same searing agony and gutwrenching nausea. The same shocked paralysis. The same desperate sense that there had been some kind of mistake.


It's happened before and it will probably happen again. But this time, there's something different. My mom's not here for me to call and make it all better. Gradually, the feeling subsided but it left behind a stray thought in my head which continues to echo within my brain as surely as if I'd climbed a mountain and shouted it.


"I want my mommy."

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

.."we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit." Romans 5:3-5

Your perseverance is amazing - You are on my heart today & always.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

cindi, you know i can't alleviate the pain but i do understand and you can always call me. love you.