5/25/2007

Cleaning out my email

I am suffering with a bout of insomnia. This whole week's been pretty bad. I have pills to help but I'm afraid to take them more than once a week for fear that before long I'll be unable to sleep without them. I decided to take this time to clean out my email a little bit. I looked in my "All Mail" section to find that I've saved over 1200! I was pretty sure some of those could be deleted.

As I was weeding through and ruthlessly deleting, I came across this email from my mom. It's right after she'd discovered her saying.

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:19:46 -0800 (PST)
From: "Linda"
Subject: Matthew
To: Lucinda
CC:
Jeff

When I think of Matthew and I get tearful, I know it is really selfishness that makes me cry. I would not wish Matt back to make him suffer further, but I cry for me because I miss him so much, and that may not change. But I came across a page of those little inspirational sayings that might help a little.

"Don't cry because it's over, but smile because it happened,"

That's the way I would like to be able to handle dealing with Matt's death. I hope I'm not putting too much on you, but I thought it was worth sharing.


I kept it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one is definitely a keeper..

Football and Fried Rice said...

Very encouraging. Thanks for being candid about your Mom & sharing your sweet memories..

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Your Mom, my friend, certainly did have a way about her. She will always be one of the best memories I have. Thanks for sharing the e-mail.

Anonymous said...

These are the memories you will cherish for a lifetime. Keep them safe and keep them close.