9/29/2007

T-27 Hours

So the moving process is nearing a crescendo. Mike was up until 5 AM this morning packing up pretty much everything that hadn't been packed already. (I was in bed by 2...he's insane!) We still have to pack up our clothes but that's about the only thing that hasn't been boxed and labelled. We're going to do the clothes this afternoon, so we're hoping to be ready way ahead of "Zero Hour" - which is approximately 3 PM tomorrow when the moving men are to arrive. Once I'm done finishing some last minute business on the internet, the computer'll be packed up and put away, too.

That leaves us with the last minute cleaning. Dang. That means I have to clean the bathtub today. Dang. I was thinking today...our moving company costs $92 an hour. $92. An. Hour. For that kind of money, they should box up my things, move my stuff, clean my old apartment and give me a massage to relieve the tension headache I've got from all of this moving stress.

That thought led me to this one...I wonder if we'll have cute moving men. Somehow the whole thing would seem less like a rip off if I've got some eye candy to look at. As opposed to the big, hairy guy whose shirt doesn't quite cover his belly. I've never used a moving company before...so many unknowns. Then I thought...what if we have a moving woman. That'd be awesome! Girl Power! Then I thought - no, no. No moving women. Mike is too much of a gentleman to let a girl lug our big 'ol couch up three flights of stairs and I'm not paying $92 an hour for him to help carry it upstairs.

Then I remembered the curse words that he said when we were moving the furniture into the house with my Dad's help and I realized we're probably alright no matter who they send.

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Thanx for posting the stool.
I love that you have it and that my childlike artwork will live on and my great nieces and nephews will get to use it.....
I can feel the love.