11/15/2006

Today I was bored and decided to walk up to Roscoe St. and go to a thrift shop we visited a couple of week's ago when Mike's sister and brother-in-law were visiting. I showered and got all "de-stink"-afied and then realized I couldn't leave the house today until Mike got home because we have only one set of door keys. Yes, I know we moved in a month ago - but for some reason, we have the "KEY THAT CAN NOT BE SUCCESSFULLY DUPLICATED." (cue fanfare) We have had this key cut at Home Depot three times, only to come home and find that the new key won't turn the front door lock. Finally Mike went to Menard's and they successfully made a copy - but that key is with my friend Leigh who comes over and checks on the cats while we're out of town visiting the fam. Soooooo...the first order of business today when Mike got home was to head to Menard's and have a key cut for me so that Mike is no longer the Keymaster...which I guess would make me the Gate Keeper? Well, whoever I am, I have keys now! Huzzah!

We're still waiting for Mike to break his big news online but if you're too antsy to wait for the lazy slug to blog, you can find a hint on Dec. 1 of our Google Calendar.

No comments: